Everyone is familiar with these seemingly cute and cuddly critters scampering about your front yard, but what most don’t know is that they can have destructive tendencies once inside your home. In the event of a squirrel infestation, you should seek professional assistance immediately.
In Florida, laws protect wildlife from certain control techniques. It’s important to hire a professional, like the team at Critter Control® of Ft. Lauderdale, who understands the local laws and regulations to avoid unknowingly violating any of these standards with DIY methods.
Proper Squirrel Control
There are several methods you can implement to control squirrel problems on your property safely.
- Have your home inspected for weak points that squirrels may exploit
- Avoid hands-on approaches and let professionals handle removal
- If the animal has died in the attic or walls, allow the specialists to dispose of waste and carcasses along with disinfecting the area to lessen any health risks
Before contacting a professional, most people attempt to tackle the problem on their own. Unfortunately, many do-it-yourself options are ill-advised as they can be dangerous, or in some cases such as that of rodenticides, illegal. Rodenticides and other chemical solutions also may harm children and pets if they are not properly used.
A few tips to keep yourself and your family safe when dealing with squirrels include:
- Avoid squirrel waste and carcasses to avoid bacterial contamination
- Avoid physical contact with squirrels to prevent bites and scratches
Keeping You Safe
Despite their small size, squirrels can cause big problems for you when they gain access to your property. The best course of action is to contact the experts at Critter Control® of Ft. Lauderdale. Given our expansive background in animal removal, we can guarantee you quality service and effective removal. If you are experiencing trouble with squirrels in your home, contact us at 954-504-6467 for your free consultation today.