Rats in the Attic
If there is one thing rats love more than cheese, it’s your attic. The safe, warm, and dry environment of your attic is the perfect place for these furry critters to nest for as long as they can. Since they are generally quiet and can sneak into your attic unnoticed, you may not even notice that they have infiltrated. Unfortunately, this perfect new home for rats could mean hundreds of dollars in damages for you. Some of the common damages rats leave behind include:
- Damaged to any stored goods or personal belongings
- Irritating noises at night
- Damage to your attic insulation, which will increase you energy bills
- Exposure to harmful diseases like rat-bite fever or leptospirosis
- Damaged to the ceiling below your attic and your walls from rat urine and feces soaking in
- Frayed wiring from their gnawing, resulting in a fire hazard
Our Proven Method
Since we’ve been dealing with rats for over two decades, the experts at Critter Control® Ft. Lauderdale have come up with a proven four-step process to rid your home rats quickly and safely and keep them out for good.
- Inspection: When you set up your free consultation, we’ll send a technician out to check the whereabouts and severity of the infestation.
- Removal: When the rat nest has been properly examined, we’ll work with you to come up with the best technique to eradicate them from your home.
- Restore: After all the critters are out of your home, we’ll restore any of the damages they may have left in their wake. This includes any damage to your attic insulation.
- Exclusion: Once your home is back to normal, we’ll make sure all the entry and exit points the rats made are closed up to avert any impending infestations.
Using DIY traps often prove fruitless, as rats can sense when a new item has entered their environment. However, if rat traps do work, you will still need the help of a professional to remove the carcasses without spreading disease. Keep you and your family safe by scheduling your free consultation today at 954-504-6467.