Rats are commensal creatures. They depend on humans and the food they provide to survive. Rats are also very adaptable so no matter where you home is located, you are not exempt from having a rat infestation. One of a rats favorite places in a building is the attic. It is warm and normally dry, and is a great place for nesting and reproducing. With the potential of giving birth to 15,000 offspring each year, Critter Control® of Fort Lauderdale suggests leaving the removal from your attic to the professionals.
Potential Dangers of Having Rats in Your Attic
Rats create both health and structural risk wherever they go. They
- Transmit potentially deadly diseases like Leptospirosis, Rat Bite Fever, or Hantavirus
- Chew on insulation, electrical wires, and alarm wires, creating safety hazards
- Leave urine and feces around which creates foul smelling odors throughout a building
Decomposing rats are just as dangerous as living ones. They still harbor bacteria in their corpse, and their stench is more putrid than that of the waste they spread.
Critter Control® Removal
At Critter Control ® of Ft. Lauderdale, our proven four-step process will help to keep rats out of your attic
- Inspect– Our team will identify and assess the extent of the infestation in your attic. We will then create a custom removal plan that’s safe for you and the rodent.
- Remove– We have a variety of eco-friendly ways to trap and remove rats from an affected area. We always use the method that is most fitting for your home or business.
- Repair– We will clean, fix, and restore any damage that might have occurred to your home or business for the duration of the infestation.
- Exclude– Lastly, we will prevent rats from entering your home or business in the future by sealing possible entry points.
To ensure the complete removal of a rat infestation and repair of your property, call the professionals at Critter Control® of Fort Lauderdale at 954-467-6067 for help. Ask about our three year exclusion warranty and our lifetime warranty.